Friday, October 25, 2013

one week before departure

Seven more days before my departure day! I have begun shopping (for the trip, mind you) and packing my bags. Incredibly, the list of bare necessities is quite numerous. Traveling outside of the country doesn't make the list any shorter. Who knew that I’d need an adapter and wattage/power transformer for my phone charger? Maybe you did. I’m learning something new every step of the way.

Thank you for being a part of this! Many of you have been praying about this trip and many have given gifts, weather it was advice (keep it coming), laptops (two), sweets for the bake sale, or financial support, thank you! I am overwhelmed with the blessing that God is pouring out through you. I have a request, but first…

Did you know?! Samaritans Feet provided 26,000 pairs of shoes which will be delivered very soon to Ethiopia! Of which 13,000 will be sent to Mossy Foot Project in Sodo! God is good.

Here it is… Along with a suitcase of my things, I will be taking a large suitcase that I've already purchased. The biggest one I could find, literally. It will be filled with sweaters and skirts for the women. Skirts (or dresses) are worn year-round by the gals in Sodo and the sweaters are for the winter. This is the current need. If you would like to donate a sweater or skirt (length: below the knees) I will be more than happy to accept! Please let me know by Sunday night. You may also help fund the purchase of these items, see instructions to the right or click here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please continue to pray. Your prayers are needed as Sharon, Daniel, Yoseth, clinic personnel and I will be working together in creating patient cards, forms, and a computer database among other things. Pray for wisdom, strength and our safety. God willing, Sharon and I will be departing November 1st, I will be returning on my own November 16th, Sharon will stay a bit longer.

Thank you and God bless you!
Bye for now.

Vera